Since retiring from a full-time highway and heavy construction career in 2003, Robert Lindquist has worked independently in various capacities for a variety of clients that include contractors, owners, engineering firms, toll road authorities and attorneys, as well as the Florida and Texas Departments of Transportation. He has worked independently to provide opinions, monitor or resolve disputes and to render decisions where negotiations have reached an impasse.
Robert approaches every assignment independently; he has been an expert witness for the prosecution and the defense as well as owners and contractors. His training, education, and extensive experience gained during his 30+ year construction career are used in the analysis of issues from every side of an issue.
Over the years, Robert has handled many large construction disputes in trial, arbitration, mediation and dispute review boards. He continually stays updated on the latest trends in data analysis as well as CPM scheduling. Where applicable, he utilizes various statistical methods and mathematical modeling techniques, such as:
- Probability Analysis – probability of an occurrence being true
- Hypothesis Testing –testing different hypotheses for their relevance and viability
- Changepoint Detection – searching data to find the point where things began to change
- Segmentation – splitting an issue into areas or distinct parts to analyze it in greater detail
- Null Hypothesis – the justifiable analysis of chance, probability or zero coincidences
These are just a few of the possible mathematical methods that can be utilized to prove or disprove a certain position. Some of these methods have been accepted by the courts to prove a theory.
- TxDOT – Construction Management
- TxDOT – Construction Inspection
- FDOT – Dispute Review Board (DRB) Member
- FDOT – District 1 Regional DRB Member
- FDOT – Claims Consultant
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) – Panel Member
- Design Build Task Team – Member
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) Task Team – Member
- Florida Transportation Builders Association (FTBA)
– Associate Member
- Florida General Contractor License – since 1988
- Professional Engineer Licenses
- Florida – since 1987, active
- Texas – since 1981, active
- Colorado – since 1984, retired
- Illinois – since 1975, retired
Recent Construction Consultant Assignments
and Arbitration Experience
A general listing of cases and thorough descriptions of the following assignments are available upon request if no confidentiality restrictions apply.
Construction Consulting Assignments
- Brown Corporation – Chaparral CDD, Orlando, FL - risks
of bidding project, >$1 million
- Home Building Associate of Metro Orlando – Osceola Co, FL, fee increase, >$10 million
- Heavy Construction Estimating – Fuel Factors used in all bids for FDOT, >$10 million
- John Carlo – Various assignments in Pinellas Co., FL, Palm Coast, Co., FL, Orlando, FL and Jacksonville, FL
- Jones Brothers – Various assignments in Polk Co., FL, Pinellas Co., FL, Orlando, FL and Tampa, FL
- KB Homes – Provide opinions on proposal for design build construct project, Orlando, FL
- US183-A, Travis Co, TX, $175 million Design Build project, (Granite Construction, contractor), on-going Change Order & Disputes review for owner, Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority thru engineering firm HNTB >$1 million
- Jacksonville Bar Association – CPM Scheduling Seminar
Dispute Review Boards (DRB) and Hearings
- SR 50 Widening from West of Avalon Road to SR 429 (Western Beltway) Design Build - widening and new construction of existing 4 lane SR 50 to 6 lane divided and updated major artery thru Winter Garden, Florida for the FDOT.
- SR417 Toll Road – New construction & widening of an existing toll road in Orlando, FL for the Orlando-Orange ounty Expressway Authority (OOCEA)
- SR417 Toll Road – New construction & widening of an existing toll road in Orlando, FL for the OOCEA
- SR70, St Lucie County, Florida – Widening and new construction of an existing two lane rural road to a divided four lane with new bridges and box culverts
- Fender Claim – Worth Construction v. FDOT, < $1 million
- Extended Contract Performance Claim – Westwind Contracting, < $1 million
- Drilled Shaft Foundation Dispute – SR78 Lee County, FL; Entitlement to compensation and contract extended duration – Florida Industrial Electric, Inc. (FIE)
- Drainage Changes – US41 Bull Head Grading and Drainage, District 1, Manatee County, FL; Time and Compensation entitlement - Better Roads Construction Company
- Drainage Improvement Claim & Sub/price increases due to delayed contract start – I-275 Jacaranda (10) Design-Build Project, Sarasota County, FL; time and compensation entitlement – ZEP Construction Company
American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Claimant: TAG Mississippi Enterprises, LLC
Jeffery K. Prattini (Shields Mott Lund LLP)
Respondent: Hampís Construction, LLC, New Orleans, LA
Kent A. Lambert (Baker, Donaldson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC)
- Claimant: White Construction Company, Inc.
Joseph Lawrence,II (Vezina, Lawrence & Piscitelli, P.A)
Respondent: State of Florida, Department
- Claimant: Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation
Jeffrey Keiner (Gray, Harris & Robinson, P.A)
Respondent: Barnhart Crane & Rigging Company
Gary Hellman (Goldman & Hellman)
- Claimant: CED Construction Partners, Ltd
Kevin Kelly (Gray-Robinson)
Respondent: O'Keefe Architects, Inc.
D. Frank Wright (Wright, Fulford, Moorehead
& Brown, P.A)
- Claimant: Hardin Construction Company, LLC
Michael K. Wilson, Esq. (Broad and Cassel)
Respondent: Proformance Plastering, Inc.
Michael Sasso (Michael C. Sasso, P.A)
- Claimant: T.G. Utility Company, Inc.
J. Michael Lindell (Lindell Farson & Picket, PA)
ROGER GANNAM (Lindell Farson Pincket & Davis, P.A)
Respondent: The 3310-103 Land Trust, Sandra St. Germain, Trust
Robert Aguilar, Esq. (Aguilar & Sieron, P.A)
William Cooper (Cooper Ridge & Lantinberg, P.A)
Litigation Services Since 2003
More in-depth descriptions of the following cases can be provided upon request if no confidentiality restrictions apply.
Provided expert witness testimony or pre-trial advice for the following cases:
- Jones Bros, Inc. v CH2M Hill, I-4 Design Build project for FDOT, Polk County, Florida > $7 million, Delays & Revised Design, represented Jones Bros thru attorney Breazeale Sachse & Wilson, LLP, New Orleans and Shutts & Bowen LLP, Orlando, FL.
- F&W Construction v Granite Construction, Design Build Hathaway Bridge for FDOT, Panama City, FL > $2 million, Lost Profits, represented F&W Construction thru attorney Conner Gwyn Schenck PLLC, Greensboro, NC.
- John Carlo, Inc. v City of Jacksonville, Florida, JEA & BellSouth, Wesconnett Blvd Ė Roadway and Drainage Improvements > $2 million, Delays, Disruptions, Additional Costs & Lost Time, represented John Carlo thru attorney Smith Currie, Tallahassee, FL.
- SR50, Hernando Co, FL <$10 million, Smith & Company v. FDOT, represented FDOT
- US192, Osceola Co, FL <$10 million Smith & Company v. FDOT, represented FDOT
- Suncoast Parkway, Hillsborough Co, FL <$10 million, Smith & Company v. FDOT, represented FDOT
- Craggs Construction v. Sanford Airport Authority, FL <$1 million, specification interpretation and performance, represented Craggs Construction
- ADS Drilling v. City of Oviedo, Old Lockwood Road, Oviedo, FL – Directional boring issue, <$1 million, represented ADS Drilling
- Bob’s Barricades (Suarez v. General Asphalt), Miami, FL – MOT issues, >$1 million, represented Bob’s Barricades thru attorney Wicker, Smith, O’Hara, McCoy, Graham & Ford
- Cochrane Construction v. St. Stevens Church, Orlando, FL – Infiltrator system, <$1 million, represented Cochrane Construction
- Jensen Construction Co v. Picerne Investments, Jacksonville, FL – Construction performance issues at Mayport Naval Station, >$1 million, represented Picerne Investments thru attorney Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed
- White Construction v. Sprint (FDOT third party plaintiff) Capital City Project, Tallahassee, FL - <$1 million, represented Sprint thru Law firm of Ausley Law Firm. Tallahassee, FL
- Lawson Nobel & Webb v. Ryan Construction, Rock Springs Rd, Apopka, FL >$1 million, represented Lawson Nobel & Webb thru attorney Seiden, Alder & Matthewman
- Walker & Company v. Fidelity Insurance, >$1 million, Cagans Crossing, Lake County, FL, performance issues, represented Walker thru attorney Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed
- Southeastern Construction v. Weatherington Tractor Services, Mall Hill Dr, Lakeland, FL, asphalt performance issue, >$1 million, represented Southeastern Construction thru attorney Baxter Strohauer Mannion & Silbermann